What are Some of the Defenses to Aggravated Assault?
Pre-trial investigation is key to a defense attorney’s modus operandi. In the pre-trial investigation, your attorney may discover:
- That indeed, you do not have a criminal record
- That also, you have not engaged in criminal activities whatsoever
- That the altercation with the one who is accusing you may have a criminal record of assault himself/herself
- That you are exonerated by fingerprint, DNA and other evidence
It is essential to obtain effective and experienced legal counsel on your behalf to provide aggressive and pro-active legal representation to fight the charges that have been alleged against you.
Aggravated Assault – Proper Case Presentation
It is the job of your criminal defense attorney to investigate the case and to present evidence and testimony that the accused was not guilty of the alleged crime. Various experts may be called on to help prove the accused’s innocence, including, but not limited to:
- Crime scene investigators, analysts
- Interviewers, photographers and videographers, sound recorders
- DNA experts
- Your attorney, who will espouse your innocent point of view throughout
Contact Las Vegas Aggravated Offense Attorneys For a Free Consultation
If you have been arrested for assault, aggravated offense or other offense, these allegations must be vigorously and aggressively fought. Just because you were accused of an assault, aggravated offense, battery, or some form of harmful contact, it does not mean that you are guilty. Further, all evidence must be proven in a court of law as you are legally represented by a qualified attorney. Cases often fall apart under the leadership of a qualified and experienced legal defense attorney. An accusation is absolutely not the same as a conviction. A conviction means that a court of law found that there was sufficient evidence that you committed the offense; an accusation is simply someone accusing you of partaking in a specific behavior, be it assault or otherwise. Call our law office for a free consultation to discuss how we may be of service to you in your situation.