Drug Crimes in Las Vegas:
There are a great number of potential drug crimes with which a defendant can be charged in the state of Nevada. We have provided the following list to give an idea of just a few of the charges that may require the representation of a drug crime defense attorney:
- Trafficking in controlled substances, i.e., knowingly engaging in drug sales, drug manufacturing, or bringing drugs into the state
- Knowingly possessing large quantities of schedule 1 or 2 drugs
- Possession, manufacture, transportation, or sale of controlled substances in Las Vegas or Clark County
- Possession with intent to sell prohibited or otherwise illegal drugs like heroin, opiates, cocaine, LSD, methamphetamine, and oxycodone, and more
Penalties for Illegal Drug Trafficking or Possession:
Depending on the schedule of the drug and the quantity involved, punishment will vary.
- 4 grams to 14 grams – category B felony
- One to six years prison
- $50,000 fine, maximum
- 14 grams to 28 grams – category B felony
- Two to fifteen years prison
- $100,000 fine, maximum
- 28 grams or more – category A felony
- 25 years to life prison; parole possible after 10 years
- $500,000 fine, maximum
The complexity of drug legislation requires the expertise of a leading drug crime defense attorney to properly represent an accused defendant. Whether you have been accused of a prescription drug crime, major trafficking charges, or simple possession of drug paraphernalia, you can rely on the Law Offices of Benjamin Nadig, Las Vegas and Clark County’s drug crime defense attorney.
Complimentary Initial Case Review for Drug Crimes in Las Vegas, NV
A conviction for a drug offense in Las Vegas, Clark County, or elsewhere in Nevada will leave you with a permanent criminal record and a possible prison sentence. The consequences that a conviction entails make it all the more important to get the advice of an experienced and aggressive drug crime defense attorney who will advocate on your behalf. You are not guilty unless a court of law deems you so. Our experience in representing individuals accused of drug crimes gives us access to an extensive array of defense strategies. To schedule your complimentary case review, call our office at 702-706-0076 for an immediate response.