Domestic violence is a serious issue, and here at The Law Offices of Benjamin Nadig, we want to help any victims of abuse to receive compensation once they are in a position of safety. As the most trusted domestic violence attorney in Las Vegas, we’ve helped hundreds of men and women seek and receive payments for the abuse that they have endured.
There Are Several Forms of Domestic Abuse
- Physical abuse: Hitting, slapping, hair pulling, and physical violence
- Sexual abuse: Forced intercourse or other acts of a sexual nature, the forced viewing of pornography, or making somebody pose for pornographic photos.
- Emotional Abuse: Name-calling, public humiliation, threats of harm, manipulation, blaming, and deliberately causing confusion are all forms of emotional abuse.
- Isolation: Abusers may isolate their targets to control them, prevent them from financial assistance, advice, and shelter with family members or friends.
- Verbal Abuse: Yelling, screaming, threatening, or name-calling the victims or their children are examples of verbal abuse. Constant criticism of someone’s skills or appearance can also be categorized as verbal abuse.
- Economic Abuse: Controlling or withholding money are both forms of manipulation that abusers use to keep control of their victims. This can also be an effort to stop the abused from seeking legal advice.
When Should You Hire an Attorney?
To start a civil action for divorce, injury compensation, or financial support, you’ll need to hire a private attorney.
Many attorneys accept personal injury cases based on contingency. This means they will retain a percentage of the lump sum that they win for their clients. Here at The Law Offices of Benjamin Nadig, we offer a complimentary initial consultation to victims of domestic violence. During this conversation, we can understand your needs and how we can help you to achieve exactly what you deserve. Once you are in a safe place, contact the leading domestic violence attorney in Clark County today.